Copy Chief, Marketing Communications Strategy
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158730
Position Title: Sr Manager Creative Services
Copy Chief, Marcom Strategy
EA is looking for a Copy Chief to work across a portfolio of exciting games, ranging from Star Wars, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, and beyond. You will be naturally curious, a strategic thinker, have a deep love of editing and writing copy, and a thoughtful mentor and editor to a team of accomplished writers. Reporting to the Senior Director of Creative, you will work closely alongside creative directors, designers, strategists, and other partners from different teams to create integrated marketing campaigns.
Our Marcom Strategy team determine the strategies and messaging that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of writers, strategists, creative directors, and artists decide the steel threads that guide a campaign from creation to execution, including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform, and creative direction. We are equally analytical and creative, and boldly chase the next insight to help us improve.
- Develop a global team of writers
- Work with writers on style and writing development and strategic thinking
- Craft copy for different channels using the appropriate voice for a game and customer
- Collaborate closely with others on developing creative marketing strategies
- Help project manage multiple writing tasks
- Work with partners on processes having to do with writing
- Copy-edit and proofread all materials submitted by outside partners as needed
- Edit all player-facing marketing copy
- Use available data to learn and iterate
- Travel to game studios worldwide as needed
- 6+ years experience creating copy
- 3+ years managing a team of writers or creatives
- Passion for your craft and eagerness to make an impact using copy
- Passion for helping a team reach company and career goals
- A natural understanding of narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- The ability to self-manage while receiving feedback from multiple departments
- Video game understanding and passionate about the world of video games
- An understanding of integrated marketing campaigns
- The ability to create high-level copy of varying lengths in a rapid manner
- Familiarity with consumer testing and incorporating analytics into work is a big plus
Community / Marketing Title: Copy Chief, Marketing Communications Strategy
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-14 02:11:10.03
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.