Software Engineer Intern
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158060
Position Title: Intern General
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. We are gameplay and player focused, and believe that every discipline plays a crucial part in helping create a great gaming experience. We strive to challenge and exceed expectations; aiming to ensure our players have an amazing experience every time they play our games. We work to create and nurture a family culture where trust and support for one another empower our talented developers to achieve more together. Our games include the critically acclaimed Apex Legends, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (VR), and the Titanfall franchise.
Looking for an opportunity to get your feet wet in professional game development and learn from some of the best software engineers in the industry? Respawn is looking for sharp Software Engineer Interns to join our team, for the short term with the potential for full time in the future. Our Software Engineer Interns work on features and contribute directly to the game. As part of a small, focused team you will have the opportunity to make an impact and grow your skills.
- Write code for video game development using C/C++.
- Help design and implement game/engine features that meet the requirements of art, design, and animation teams.
- Help add features to large complicated systems without unnecessary rework and without introducing bugs or performance issues.
- Help fix tricky bugs.
- Meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree (obtained or in progress) in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++.
- Experience creating games/game features (both school work and personal projects). Has portfolio demonstrating related skills and experience.
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
Other qualities we look for:
- Ability and drive to contribute towards and advance all aspects of a game.
- Strong game design sensibilities a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Self-motivated, team player with excellent problem solving skills.
- Passion for games.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-17 19:05:45.763
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.