Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 158008
Position Title: Associate Artist
We are EA! And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry!
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
For us, making games is about pursuing what we love and having fun doing it. As we continue to grow and shape the future of the mobile gaming industry, our studio and team has grown exponentially.
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players.
We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of cross platform advertising assets to support a number of mobile games.
- Effectively communicating visual concepts via illustration.
- Demonstrate understanding of colour, composition, layout and lighting.
- Utilizing a strong knowledge of both typography and colour theory.
- The ability to deliver work of a high standard while retaining accuracy when working with tight deadlines.
- Following creative direction and ensuring the look and feel of each game title is carried through all assets and evolved when required.
- Find solutions in order to find a clear balance between communication and design.
- Cropping, optimizing and localising assets using commercial software solutions and in-house tools.
You will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the creation of marketing assets for video games or interactive web content.
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent training.
- Must possess strong user interface, UX and graphic layout skills, painting, compositing as well as typographic sensibilities.
- Able to adapt easily to different styles and detail-oriented
- Creative and innovative spirit, communicates effectively and contribute to team atmosphere
- Works well under deadline pressure and multiple iterations during the development process
- Excellent Photoshop expertise
- Familiar with Illustrator, After Effects and the remainder of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Maya
- A love of video games will help!
- Modern studio located next to Southern Cross Station
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Free video games
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-14 01:28:02.323
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.