Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157590
Position Title: Audio Director I
EA’s Audioworks is an award-winning team creating audio content for titles within EA STUDIOS. Audioworks unites creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
Audioworks is seeking an industry visionary to be the Audio Director for an EA Sports title at our Vancouver location. This dynamic position is an integral member of the game development core leadership team and is tasked with crafting an end to end audio vision for the project. As a senior leader for Audioworks this role is responsible for helping to shape and drive the team to achieve excellence in Audio.
- Work with the audio team and game team partners to establish a strong creative audio vision.
- Communicate and execute vision, at all levels.
- Own the final mix and audio quality of the game.
- Advocate and design audio pipeline features and workflow processes.
- Bring out the best in your team members and peers.
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple studios across the world.
- Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from precision editing and design to technical implementation, as well as an ability to inspire and lead an audio team.
- Minimum of seven years game audio or related industry (film) experience, in a leadership capacity.
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, with a focus on developing and driving an audio vision.
- Proven track record delivering high quality audio content for games and/or films.
- Expert knowledge of modern sound creation techniques, processing and standards.
- Has general experience using game development tools, technology and/or pipelines.
- Highly skilled in the areas of mixing and presentation in all formats.
- Analytic thinker and problem solver in a collaborative environment.
Please note: While music is critical to the emotional impact of the game, this position will not involve any composition work.
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-12 01:34:41.177
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.