Associate User Interface Artist
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 157530
Position Title: Associate User Interface Artist
User Interface Artist
Graphic Designers are responsible for focusing on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player’s experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. Graphic Designers are responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of broadcast style overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the products. The Graphic Designer will play a role in conceptualizing, designing, and creating individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required.
- Works closely with the game designer and the art director; participates in the creative process of the menus and in-game interface elements
- Creates game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Responsible for optimizing file size and configurations. Manipulates UI content and assets
- Confer with the product owner to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Bonus: Any experience with Maya or Motion Graphics are a plus
Additionally, Graphic Designer candidates will need to provide customized art content for Madden Overdrive Dynamic Messaging and MOTD on a daily basis, sometimes 7-days a week, sometimes 20+ images per day in a variety of formats as needed for Live Content. The content is often iterated, sometimes even changed wholesale as business needs change. The Artist will work closely with other artists, producers, and designers to develop content that meets game style requirements as well as Live Content themes,
What skills does EA look for?
Our Graphic Designers should possess a background in digital interface design (console, software, web, mobile)
From a technical standpoint, Graphic Designers must have experience with Photoshop, Flash, and/or Illustrator. Nice to have skills include 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage/XSI, Premiere, Dreamweaver, and After Effects.
Graphic Designers should have strong artistic, typographic, and layout skills. They are able to develop innovative design solutions while following creative and art direction. A passion for design is mandatory.
A Graphic Designer’s portfolio must demonstrate a creative approach and style without sacrificing readability and flow of information. They must demonstrate a good eye for:
- Composition and layout
- Color theory
Community / Marketing Title: Associate User Interface Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-12 21:46:14.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.