Java Engineer - FIFA Ultimate Team (contract)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157519
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Role: Java Engineer
As a developer on our server team, using Java as the primary development language, you will be responsible for building new features, enhancing existing ones and troubleshooting issues on the live environment. You will also be required to interface with multiple internal teams to analyse requirements, design and document solutions that are secure, well optimized and robust.
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands on coding (Java with SQL)
• Create and work on large scale distributed HTTP based backend service creating new features and updating existing ones
• Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment
• Work with multiple clients working on multiple different platforms who use the services and features you create to complete user facing features
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment helping to ensure our consumer experience is always world class
Required Skills / experience:
• 4 or more years’ experience developing software in Java
• 2 or more years’ experience working on online services/severs (HTTP via REST)
• Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol
• Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL preferred)
• Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Solid understanding of the Software design/architecture process
• Solid ability to understand direction and execute on the work
• Experience with unit testing (JUnit)
• Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale distributed applications
• Experience with source control systems
• Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Java Engineer - FIFA Ultimate Team (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-13 00:43:14.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.