Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA - C++
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157225
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
Role: Gameplay Engineer
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code
- Prototype and refine new mechanics to prove designs.
- Create technical designs for gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- 3+ years of experience architecting or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrate good software programming practices
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Understand performance implication of gameplay systems and algorithms and how to optimize them.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
- Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce and Visual Studio
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer - FIFA - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-20 22:27:59.743
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.