Director of Product Management, Mobile & Social
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157119
Position Title: Director - Player Network Product Mgmt
Director of Product Management, Mobile & Social
At EA, we believe we’re the best gaming company on the planet. With over half a billion players in our games, we strive to deliver meaningful gaming experiences to our players, anytime, anywhere. To further this mission, we are building an entertainment network that enables a continuous play experience, making it easy for our players to discover and enjoy games and content they love, while connecting with friends and communities through shared experiences. This will be delivered through a seamless collection of products across platforms and devices and unlocked through a persistent player ID. We call this the EA Player Network. This digital transformation gives EA the opportunity to strengthen our technological foundation, foster deeper player to player relationships, and develop lasting personalized player relationships with our brands.
About The Team
EAX lives within the Strategic Growth group of EA. We’re chartered with building out the future of EA and delivering forward-looking growth opportunities. Our team is on the cutting edge of the gaming industry. You’ll be joining a team of product leaders, each focused on a domain and user facing outcome. Each team is made up of pods consisting of dedicated design, program management, engineering, and user research. We’re designed so teams can be self-sustaining and able to deliver against their outcomes.
We are looking for a seasoned product leader to lead our mobile and social efforts. You will lead the delivery of social features across PC, Desktop, Web as well as leading a team to build our Player Network mobile app. Another part of your role is to lead efforts around our social partnership strategy - this entails developing a vision for how we would partner and integrate with 3rd party social platforms aligned with our vision of bringing the EA Player Network to players wherever they are. Ideally, you should have experience leading cross-functional teams in both kicking off a product from concept to execution as well as iterating on live products. You will need to balance and understand how to prioritize and make trade-offs between the two modes. You should be comfortable building lasting relationships with internal partners, including game studios, to communicate the status of initiatives and drive collaboration between franchises and the network apps. You should also be committed to continuous improvement and determined to strive for quality in all of our products. Experience building software for multi-device platforms (Desktop, Web, Mobile) is a plus.
- Define product vision and strategy based on deep understanding of social network design, mobile engagement mechanics, and consumer-facing user experiences
- Lead the product team to new business opportunities and key initiatives
- Develop, mentor, and grow your product management team
- Partner with other Product Directors to align around a cohesive product vision and network strategy
- Prioritize product roadmaps and backlogs, define requirements, write user stories, identify analytics requirements, and collaborate cross-functionally to drive results
- Prioritize live service investments in conjunction with partners in engineering, marketing, operations, and design to advance learnings and improve business results
- Define and own performance metrics, specify data requirements, and lead data-driven ideation and testing to improve player experience, drive player adoption, engagement and retention
- Report to Executive Leadership on the state of development, new concepts and key risks
- Provide ROI and business cases around new product concepts
- Efficiently navigate complex relationships with partners in conjunction with business development to communicate priorities and deliver results
- Collaborate with other senior product leaders to deliver a world-class, consistent product experience across platforms
- Partner with strategy and customer intelligence leads to identify and explore key opportunities
- Develop meaningful business relationships with studio teams and other partners to communicate status and drive adoption of player network initiatives
- Structure and execute experiments, including A/B tests, to test hypotheses and generate impactful insights
- Navigate complex external partner relationships to deliver results
- Identify opportunities, align key stakeholders, and evangelize the vision across the company to build consensus on priorities and ensure stellar execution
- 10 years experience in product management, product design, mobile app development or related consumer product experience
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with customers and build solutions and experiences addressing customer needs
- Experience with digital ecosystems, social networks, digital-only services or applications
- Passionate about delivering connected and personalized experiences for players
- Demonstrated ability of building mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external partners
- Proficient understanding and ability to stay on the bleeding edge of mobile, social, and, gaming industry trends
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong aptitude for data interpretation, multi-variate testing, and technology
- Established leadership and people management skills with a talent for bolstering positive team health
- Incredible people skills and deep comfort in managing through influence and indirect authority
- Confident team collaborator who is comfortable taking direction or setting direction
- Solid communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of management
- Validated ability to lead cross-functional teams and partner/influence across complex organizations
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Product Management, Mobile & Social
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-15 15:48:59.76
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.