Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157061
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Role: Software Engineer – Tools/Workflows
A Tools Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including requirements gathering, architectural tool design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Producers and other Engineers in the domain of tools, pipelines and workflow development, and is often well versed in most systems across the titles they are involved with.
You will be part of a talented, multi-disciplinary team developing the features, tools and workflows for the FIFA team on the Frostbite engine. This includes the workflows and systems for artists, asset creation, feature development, and cinematics using Frostbite. In the team we collaborate closely on a day-to-day basis to ensure stability and to make sure our partner teams have great workflows.
- Work closely with producers, designers, artists and other engineers to develop user-friendly tools; easy to manage and efficient pipelines; and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content
- Ability to help troubleshoot issues the team encounters locally as well as with the tools themselves in a patient and understanding manner
- Implements, integrates and optimizes already existing systems, services and tools used by the team
- Interface between different sections of the team to develop features and services
- Write technical design specifications
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years software development experience
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Experience with .Net, C# and Python
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as mySQL, MongoDB
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity and ease workloads
- Ability to learn, test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Desirable skills and Experience
- Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
- Managing tool analytics data and ensuring it’s stored efficiently for quick data analysis
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team
- Experience with dashboards using Azure and Power BI
Required Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Proactive problem solver who can quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-13 18:15:20.49
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.