Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157000
Position Title: DD I
We are Frostbite
Development Directors are the owners for a product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality. This entails scoping and strategizing for all aspects of the QV business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities.
What the Development Director Will Achieve at EA:
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanism, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge to internal and external teams
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
- Formulate strong relationships within the QV teams, external vendors and all development partners.
- Improve efficiency/effectiveness of the QV effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
- Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
Does This Describe You?
- Multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QV environment and managing external teams.
- Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have but not required.
- Understanding of data analytics, central development, middleware, game engines, and testing methodologies would be ideal.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-20 15:59:55.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.