Associate Developer Co-op
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156868
Position Title: Intern General
Job Description: Associate Developer Co-op
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is a technical role in the Game Development Application Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to participate in the envisioning, designing and building of a variety of enterprise-level solutions in support of Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s video games and central services teams. This role includes the creation of the solution architectures that will incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and leverage public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, the ideal candidate will lead small agile teams to architect, design and engineer applications that will support thousands of current users.
You will have the chance to work with game teams across the entire organization, including FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You should have a strong focus on innovation and leverage a deep technical background and experience. You will contribute to the roadmap, architecture and technical and business delivery of various software applications. Strong soft skills are required to collaborate with individual game teams, in order to gain adoption and enhance these solutions.
Enterprise-level solution ownership:
- Contributes on all facets of a project, including gathering requirements from key technical leaders, creating a vision and strategy, presenting to leadership, developing the product roadmap, ensuring projects are on track and completed on time, managing communication with all stakeholders, and collaborating with the development team
- Participates in all aspects of a service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- Manages the relationship with vendors if applicable, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
Coding, language, architectural design, testing and support:
- Develops solutions as part of the game development application services portfolio that are modular, portable, testable and reliable
- Understands coding best practices and standards; Participates in code reviews and provides constructive feedback on design and implementation, and integrates feedback received into future development tasks
- Participates in support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of production systems, while also engineering solutions that require minimal support
- Leverages the cloud where appropriate, utilizing automation, cloud computing and configuration as code
Job qualifications and requirements
- Experience with enterprise SDLC/ALM tools, such as JIRA, Perforce/Git, and Jenkins
- Experience of working with Object Oriented Programming languages and MVC frameworks
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, or AWS) and containerization technologies
- Working towards a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and other relevant majors
- Good understanding of various project management models (specifically Agile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with the Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Standard, ASP.NET MVC) is an asset
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment is an asset
- Experience in container orchestration technologies like Docker Swarm or Kubernetes is an asset
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is an asset
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Developer Co-op
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-30 13:37:57.983
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.