Applications Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156500
Position Title: Applications Engineer II
Role: Application Engineer – 2 ( Sr Cloud/DevOps Engineer)
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
- Propose innovative solutions and improve existing systems to increase efficiency of applications
- Deliver production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Build automation tools and components to enhance the installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS
- Collaborate with Software Architects, Software Engineers and ensuring products and services are pushed into production in a secure fashion.
- Automate the deployment of products and services and actively monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms.
- Act as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime
The next great Sr Cloud Engineer also needs:
- 6+ years of overall experience of working as a DevOps/Cloud engineer
- Ability to tackle problems both at the large scale with constant focus on optimization, high availability, and security as it relates to the CI/CD process
- A drive to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical capabilities and a passion for building robust platforms for accelerating delivery to production.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
3-6 years of experience all of the following technologies.
- AWS : EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, EBS, IAM, Lambda, CDN, ELB, ALB, Cloud Formation
- CI/CD : Git, Gitlab, Perforce, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Programming : Java/Go/Python
- Containerization : Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Application/Web Servers : Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, JBoss
- Scripting : Shell/ Perl
- Configuration management tools : Chef/Puppet/Ansible /Terraform
- Logging and Monitoring : ELK, Grafana, FluentD
Additional Skills :
1-2 years of experience in the following..
- PBX Solution : Serenova/ Amazon connect/Avaya/genesis
Preferred Skills and Experience
- AWS certified Solution Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Applications Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 16:43:02.063
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.