Software Engineer II - Data Platform
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155012
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
- Help build a unified data platform
- Utilize a variety of analytics/BI tools and methods
- Develop scalable infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
- Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Work closely with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
- Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
- Be a resource to business and technology partners for validation of data used in analytics and support the interpretation and use of data as applicable
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent in software development on large scale distributed system. No Experience required.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming Languages, such as Java and C++, in the development of systems, applications and web services, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses
- Software development knowledge, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- 3+ years of experience with distributed systems or large-scale database system, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, SQL, perl, awk, python, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university course projects.
- Knowledge of implementation and evaluation of parallel algorithms running on distributed systems, Hadoop/NoSQL stacks, or large-scale analytical/relational databases
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture design and implementations
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating.
It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Candidate will report to Director of Engineering, Data & AI.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II - Data Platform
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-21 17:49:15.577
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.