Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 160203
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Technical Artist will do at BioWare:
- Own and set the standards for performance and memory specs for characters, environments, and visual effects
- Work with programmers, artists, and designers to establish metrics and workflows around performance management and asset validation to ensure that the game operates within established targets
- Create and maintain tools to assist artists with their daily workflows
- Perform in-depth reviews of major pieces of content at each stage of construction and provide feedback to the artists
- Provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
- Help maintain shared scripting libraries and participate in code reviews
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of game rendering and lighting
- Experience with python and/or tools development
- Solid understanding of 3D modeling, world-building, and node-based systems
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity or comparable)
- Experience with animation or with C# is a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/edmonton
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-04 15:45:08.197
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.