Big Data Engineer
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 157907
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Our analytics team consists of professional that are passionate about strive towards finding the best way to solve problems using data. As part of the newly created Data Analytics Team, this role will be an enabler of transformation of our area.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented. Senior Big Data engineer with an outstanding track record of working with very large data sets and building robust ETL pipelines for data acquisition for internal systems and external data sources.
Big Data Engineer modernizing and improving the data acquisition infrastructure from the ground up. You will be working with structured/unstructured Data sets, building large scale Data processing platforms, implementing world class data governance and operational controls, solving complex performance challenges.
- Build and maintain our data warehouse and data pipelines.
- Be responsible for the architecture, development and management of scalable machine learning environments and complex machine learning applications
- Designing, testing, deploying and documenting data validation procedures and their outputs
- Scaling up our data infrastructure to meet business needs
- Create and refine features from the underlying data and build efficient workflows to train, evaluate and deploy models
- Utilize data validation tooling to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accurately check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with backend ETL Processes
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Work cross-functionally with our product, business, finance and engineering teams
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in building and analyzing large datasets
- 4+ years of work experience with architecting and solutioning
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar.
- Expert on data architecture, data models, data governance and data flow diagrams
- Knowledge and experience in cloud architectures (AWS or Azure), with a focus on Architecture and Clouds products to big data and advanced analytics.
- Programming languages: Scala, Spark, Python, Java.
- Worked with big data solutions like Redshift, Hadoop or Hive
- Database NoSQL (MongoDB / Cassandra).
- Massive data processing technologies Real-Time data.
- Develop tools and automation for the effective management and operation of Big Data platform
- Knowledge of APIs and data extraction technologies such as web crawling and web scrapping.
- Experience as an architect with Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, API Management and CRM technologies.
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Knowledge of external data available in the market and the different vendors.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies. Passion for machine learning and innovation
- Fluent in English
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-01 10:49:12.423
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.